Tuesday, August 13, 2013

To draw or not to draw?

Nowadays, I will constantly feel the urge to lay out my drawing table and start painting whenever I have the time at home, spending lesser time watching TV although still very essential that we have our meals together as a family. A family tradition that I had uphold and told my kids that whenever they are free, we are to have dinner together. Whether my son gets home early from school, daughters coming home at different timings from work. we will wait for my wife to whip up a sumptuous dinner and eat altogether with my parents,  so we can all spend quality time and to relate to each other our ongoing activities

Yes indeed, I do find myself allotting more time to practise my painting, along the way, researching the structures of the flowers that I will draw, some favourites such as Peony, Narcissus and Plum Blossom.

It is interesting to know that Plum Blossom starts to flower in cold-winter, typically around January until late February. There are numerous species and colours, include, white, pink and red. Interesting the leaves will only unfold when the petals start to fall, and follow with fruits (梅子). One may wonders if there are differences between Plum Blossom and Cherry Blossom (Sakura) as they look the same. based on what I can find from the website, there are fundamental differences:

  • Plum - petals more oval, flowers on short-stalked , with one or two at each bud.
  • Cherry - petals more rounded, mostly notched, flowers on longer-stalked, and several in a cluster from each bud.
The Plum Blossom trees can grow for a long time, ancient trees can be found throughout China. In my earlier blogs, I had already mentioned about the structures of Plum Blossom, and over the last weekend and yesterday, I managed to paint the following 3 pieces of paintings.


现在,每当我有在家的时,我会不断感受到要摊开我的绘图桌的冲动,开始绘画,我现在也花较少的时间看电视,

但我有一个家庭的传统,就是作为一个家庭在一起吃饭,依然非常重要的。 我很坚持并告诉我的孩子们,每当他们有空时,我们要一起吃晚饭。无论是我的儿子提早放学回家,女儿们在不同的时刻回家。我们会等待我的妻子煮了一顿丰盛的晚餐,和我的父母一起吃。同时可以共度美好时光,也能够参与和相互关联正在进行的活动。

的确,我发现自己已支配更多的时间来练习画画,如梅花,牡丹和水仙。

梅花通常在寒冷的冬季开始开花,通常在一月左右,直到2月下旬。有无数种颜色,包括白,粉红和曙红色。有趣的是叶子会在花瓣开始脱落时展开,并结果(梅子)。

梅花和樱花之间的差异很微小,虽然他们看起来是一样的结构,但有着根本的差异:
  • 梅花 - 花瓣椭圆,花矮杆
  • 樱桃 - 花瓣更加圆润,大多缺口,花长杆
梅花树可以活很长一段时间,古老的树木,可以在整个中国发现。在我以前的博客中,我提到梅花的结构,在上周末和昨天,我就画了以下三幅画梅花图。








No comments: