Thursday, September 26, 2013

Heavenly Bliss 富贵神仙图

I have always love to paint Narcissus. It never fail to bring a smile in my face whenever I finish a painting of the flower, which blossom in Spring. It means whenever I see an nice picture of it, I will relate to the happy mood of Chinese New Year. Peony is also a flower that blossom during late winter and Spring and often seen as a flower that bloom during Spring, and appears in many New Year greeting as it relate to prosperity (富贵).

Very often in Chinese brush painting, combining both of these flowers together, it depicts heavenly bliss. A blissful mood when the fairies dancing within a peony garden. If you do a search on the website, you will find many opainting under '富贵神仙图'.

I tried to create the heavenly feeling by painting the following:

我一直喜欢画画水仙。每当我完成一幅画水仙花,它总是让我的脸上带着微笑。

水仙盛开在春天。这意味着每当我看到一副漂亮的水仙图,我就会想象过新年快乐的心情。牡丹花,也盛开于晚冬和春季,常常被看作是一朵在春天花盛开的花,,因为它出现在许多新年时相关祝福(富贵)。

很多时候,在中国画,这两种花组合在一起时,它能描绘天堂般的幸福。仙女在牡丹花园里跳舞时,幸福的心情,。如果你在网站上搜索,你会发现很多类似的“富贵神仙图”画。

我也尝试画神仙图,来创建这天堂般的感觉:


借鉴净空法师的法语: 

有书真富贵 无事小神仙

I do hope that when you do visit this page, you can also feel the vibrant mood in this painting. In contrast, here is one that I painted some time back when I first started, and incidentally the one above is twice the size of my one below (720 x 460 mm)







No comments: